Monday, May 1, 2017

Media binge and media fast

Our last blog was to have a media binge and media fast, starting from Wednesday till Saturday. By doing this assignment, at first I thought that it is going to be an easy task to do, but when I started doing it, it turned out that it was more difficult than I thought it would be.
In our everyday life, we turn to technology for about everything that we need. As a student we use technology almost everyday for everything. We turn to Google instead of going to the library and read books, and we also text each other instead of writing mails like the old days. We also use technology to write our homework. By figuring out how much we spend our time online, I thought that it would be very fun assignment to do. After going my homework and responded to all of my emails, I found out that I have a plenty of time left, and science the assignment says that we need to stay in front of a screen, I decided to watch a TV show and ended up finishing a whole season in one day instead of doing something useful. The feeling was very strange, because I started to feel very lazy and didn’t want to move from the sofa, and my eyes started to hurt. I even made the media binge as an excuse to not do anything just to stay in front of screen.
The media fast was totally different from the first task. Because I always hold my phone in my hands, even in the classroom, the phone must be on the table and not in the pocket. I was struggling with this task because I always forget that I have to avoid technology, my hand just moves by it’s self and opens Snapchat. But once I remember I just shut it down.

Both of media binge and fast were very difficult task to do, and I have learned a lot by doing this assignment. I have to say that there are some positive and some negative things as I did this assignment, but the most important thing it help me remember that moderation is important but doing too much or doing nothing is not good. A life would be much easier with some balance in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment