Monday, May 1, 2017

Media Binge and Fast

This assignment in which we were to media binge and then media fast was very interesting for me.  I already have found many instances in the last year where I have somewhat already this assignment.  So, to be given an assignment in which we media binge and then media fast was very intriguing.  Throughout this assignment, I found myself on the far end of each spectrum.
            During the media binge portion of this assignment, I found myself in front of a computer screen or on my phone almost the entire day.  During this portion of the assignment I did not communicate much with my friends, family, or girlfriend face to face.  Most of my communication was spent through the computer or on my phone.  In many instances, I was using both my phone and a computer at the same time.  Although I live with four other people I didn’t talk to them very often as I tried to use technology as much as possible.  I found through using technology so much that there were some moments in which I became bored.  Technology has many advantages, however, I found that I could only be on a computer for so long before I got bored and wanted to just sit alone.  Although, I wanted to just be away from technology I stayed on my phone and found other ways to pass my spare time while using technology.

            After the media binge, I found myself enjoying the media fast.  I had got so bored and overwhelmed with using so much technology and being in front of a screen, that it was very much enjoyable to get away from it all for a couple days.  While not using technology unless I absolutely had to, I was able to spend more quality time with friends and family.  It was very easy for me to not use technology as I enjoy being outside or working on projects around the house.  I was able to build a couple of projects that I had planned, also I was able to recollect my thoughts and goals for the future.  Overall the media fast was much more enjoyable than the media binge.  I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy being away from technology more than I enjoy having it in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment