Friday, June 2, 2017

Blog Post #3 Christian Gaylord

Christian Gaylord
Comm 250
Blog Post #3
When it comes to my filter bubble on my media feeds, I don’t normally come across something that I disagree so much on. I normally want to see funny comedian videos or older rock music playlists. What I don’t like to see is a lot of political standpoint and views. I honestly do not care whom you vote for, or whom you wish was the president right now. The president is the president, that’s it. If someone was to right a lengthy statement stating why Trump is not my president, I unfollow that person immediately; its not because I’m not a huge supporter of Trump, and frankly I don’t give a damn if he is our president, I just don’t want to here long statements why he is not your president, but guess what honey, he is your president and there is nothing we can do about it…well if he messes up big time, then there’s a possibility to impeachment but that’s another discussion.
With the decline of dissoi logoi there is not much confrontation because with our filter bubbles online for example with Google, they take our browsing history and recommend what we want to see and what we supposedly want to interact with, based on our previous viewings online. I do believe this is problematic because our feeds are dipping into our private lives and trying to please our every need. But that is not realistic, there is always someone who is going to disagree with you in your life so I want to be as knowledgeable as I can so I am able to know what the other side of the story; for example, if I am arguing about something political, I want to know what my peers are arguing about, and I want to see their side as well. But with the Internet deciding what I get to see, I will not be well informed.

            To engage in dissoi logoi more online, I can search things I would not normally search and learn about things other than my own political views. I can also engage in dissoi logoi by putting down my computer or cell phone and have an argument with another human, not to just debate, but to become more knowledgably of their own points.  

No comments:

Post a Comment