Thursday, December 10, 2015

Media binge and fast

The media binge and fast experience was something very new for me. I would probably say for me that the binge was just as hard as the fast. I have always been someone that has used social media but never to the point of over use like I did with the fast. I often felt like I was overusing it or even getting bored with social media. There were often times that I read the same things over and over again as refreshing the page did not give me any new information. It eventually got to the point where I did not wanted to look at my twitter and instagram. It actually made me want to fast. When the fast started the hardest part for me was remembering that I was in a fast. For example, there are many times during the day where I get bored or do not have anything to do. That is usually when I take my phone out and use my social media. This has become somewhat of an habit for me and breaking that habit the first day of the fast was very difficult. Other then that when I did not think about the social media at all and kept myself occupied with other things it was pretty easy not to use. One thing that I did not like about the fast is the lack of information I gained in those days during the fast. My social media is my news. I do not watch tv for anything. Usually, the first thing that I do is check my phone for the weather and other things going on. I remember meeting up with my friends that day and having no idea about the topics that we were talking about. I missed scores of NBA games, updates about ISIS, and other things with my high school friends that were posted on twitter. Overall, this was a good experience for me. It weird to see how much of it you really use on a daily basis. After conducting this experience I think I could do without it, it would just be hard for me to connect with others because just about everyone is using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment